I’ve been doing some bedroom makeover in my brain as of late. I actually haven’t gone out and purchased anything because it feels superfluous, but I thought maybe you would be interested in knowing what was happening in my fantasy bedroom revamp. I’m going to link to some things that I have my eye on. They are not affiliate links and I do not make money from them, just FYI.
Mostly I want to purchase some small furniture and furnishings that will make the room a little bit more cozy and functional. But because I have an eye for expensive and vintage things, I am probably going overboard. I will tell you first about what we already have and then show you what is on my wish list.
Taking stock of furniture we currently have
- We have finally paid off our bed! Our bed was our most delicious purchase that we have made since getting married. We bought a King-size, Dunlopillo Royal Sovereign Latex Mattress two years ago. It was some ridiculous price but we got the divian bed included (no headboard). As I think I have mentioned, my partner has spinal arthritis and this bed is so comfortable it has actually ruined staying in hotels (in a world where that is still possible). We paid for it over 2 years on 0% interest and I cannot rave about this bed any more.
- Last year, we bought a super cool dresser from Muck N Brass. It is covered in Cole & Son Quartz Wallpaper. I absolutely love it. Her stuff is so fun and lively. It makes me very happy and it’s currently sitting in the place in the room where you can see it prominently from the hallway into the bedroom.
- We also have a very large, brown, old wardrobe that came from my in-laws. Its a big ol’ piece of brown furniture, which I hear is all the rage these day or a year ago, depending on how fast you think these things change.
- Finally we have a very cheap clothes rack that houses all our hanging clothes. It is black and boring and filled with mis-matching hangers which is an organizational no no but I can’t seem to keep them all the same.
- For bedding, we have crisp white sheets and, in the winter, an enormous Hudson Bay Grey Point Blanket that was a 40th birthday present from my parents. My husband refers to it as “the anvil blanket” because he finds it too heavy.
Things that need purchasing or replacing
- Our current bedside tables are folding plastic step stools. They have worked okay for the last 4 years but they are really too low and too small for books, lamps, charging phones, etc. Thus I am on the search for new bedside tables and I am thinking that I will not get matching ones. The two that I currently have my eye on are this wooden bedside table by Zara Home and this Matara table by Abigail Ahren. What do you think of these together?
2. For lighting, I am in love with these Arum lights from fermliving but they are so expensive at around 215 euros each. I just don’t feel like I have it in me to spend 430 euros on bedside lighting but this is fantasy shopping after all so, let us just pretend that we are getting them. Meanwhile, I will continue to use two black lamps mismatching on my crappy step stools 🙂
3. Next, we currently have blinds instead of curtains in the bedroom and I am thinking that curtains would be so much nicer. I have a sewing machine and was thinking that I could just make dropcloth curtains and see how they look over the blinds? Two drop cloths and a curtain rod and clips would be around another 100 pounds. If I do make any purchase, I may start with this.
4. Finally, we cannot forget the dog! I found these amazing dog bed covers by the German company Traumhund. I especially like the green one. I’ve decided to try to sew one after I actually manage to install a zipper, so we will earmark this as another to do project.
Anyways, I hope that you liked my fantasy shopping. If I gave in, I could easily spend 1000 pounds we have on stuff we probably don’t need. Instead I thought I would share my imaginary bedroom revamp with you and hopefully generate some new project ideas for you.